The long-running reality show Survivor is back on screen and a new group of tough contestants are ready to battle it out for a chance to win $1 million.
Now in its 22nd year on the air, original host Jeff Probst is back for season 44, along with the familiar setting of Fiji’s Mamanuca Islands.
Divided into three tribes, the contestants are forced to fend for themselves over 26 days while facing multiple trials for rewards and immunity from elimination. The new season has kicked off in dramatic style with three medical interventions in the first three days, and a successful Shot in the Dark for the first time in the show’s history.
Between the weird walking meme Carolyn, and the sleazy salon owner Yam Yam, it’s arguably the wildest cast of characters the show has ever boasted. Season 44 looks to be one of the strongest seasons of Survivor in a while, so read on to find out how to watch, no matter where you are in the world.
When does Survivor 2023 start?
Season 44 of Survivor premiered in the US on Wednesday, March 1 on CBS. A new episode goes out at 8 pm ET/PT every wednesday.
How to watch Survivor Season 44 from anywhere on a VPN
So what if you are traveling outside your home country and want to enjoy the show or need an extra set privacy for streaming? There is an option that does not require searching the internet for a sketchy website: You can a VPNor virtual private network.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the show. If you can’t watch locally, a VPN can come in handy. It’s also a great idea when you’re traveling and you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
Most VPNs, like CNET Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, making it easy to change your location almost. Looking for alternatives? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN deals.
ExpressVPN is currently our top VPN choice for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s usually $13 a month. But you can save 49% plus get three months of free access — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
See in USA
If you have CBS on cable, you can watch the show on linear TV or live stream through the CBS website — you just need to sign in with your cable provider’s details. Being able to watch all 43 previous seasons of Survivor and more is an added bonus.
For cord cutters there are plenty of other streaming-only options available. If you have the $10-a-month Paramount Plus subscription, you can stream it live, too.
Paramount Plus has two main subscription plans: Essential for $5 per month ($50 per year if paid annually) and Premium for $10 per month ($100 per year if paid annually). You can stream Survivor live if you have the premium option or next day with the Essential plan.
The cheaper Essential option for on-demand streaming has ads and no live CBS feeds, as well as the ability to download shows to watch offline later. Students may qualify for a 25% discount.
Read our Paramount Plus review.
There are many live TV streaming services available in the United States that carry CBS live, allowing you to watch Survivor as soon as it airs every Wednesday, and our favorite is YouTube TV. It costs $65 per month. Plug in your ZIP code on their welcome page to see which local networks are available in your area.
Read our review of YouTube TV.
Stay tuned in Canada
Canadian reality TV fans will be thrilled to know that Global is airing new episodes of Survivor 44 at the same time they air in the US – that’s 8 pm ET/PT every Wednesday.
If the channel is not part of your cable line, you can still watch Survivor season 44 for free by downloading the Global TV app, where you can watch episodes for free for the first seven days after they air .
See in Australia
Survivor carries in Australia
Season 44 of Survivor is airing every Thursday at 7:30pm ADT on free-to-air channels 9Go.
That means you can also watch the show online for free via the Channel 9 streaming service 9 Now.
Can I watch Survivor season 44 in the UK?
There is currently no confirmed broadcaster for this latest season of the UK reality TV show. If you’re traveling to the UK from the US, Canada or Australia and don’t want to miss the latest installment of the show season, you’ll need to use a VPN as outlined on this page.
Tips for streaming Survivor 44 using a VPN
- With four variables at play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – experience and success may vary.
- If you don’t see the location you want as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for your city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble viewing it after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try as a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and ensure that the address registered for the address in the viewing area is correct. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing position.
- All VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site to quickly install the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a network app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your email address on a file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy browser first to log into your services. We usually recommend Brave.